Kenny McMillan is a Los Angeles-based cinematographer and colorist originally from the San Francisco Bay Area.
Kenny has been making films for over a decade, constantly refining and updating his workflow, style, and technique. Valuing technical skill, proficiency, and clear communication, he ensures that every job is accomplished with speed and precision with valuable room left over for improvisation and day-of inspiration. Having plenty of experience in documentary-style shooting situations, Kenny is adept at achieving professional results from available resources. His prior work as a photographer for Red Bull gave him greater insight into the world of premium brand marketing and content creation, which he has carried through in to his commercial work. He also writes for ProVideoCoalition.com reviewing new film equipment and covering local industry events.
When not making films, Kenny can usually be found in the mountains of Colorado or behind the lens of his Mamiya RZ67.
Available with or without the following gear:
Angenieux 15-40mm T2
Sigma 18-35mm f1.8
Nikkor 24mm f2.8, 50mm f1.4, & 105mm f4
Letus AnamorphX Anamorpic Adapter (1.33x)
Odyssey 7Q+ Monitor/Recorder
RedrockMicro microRemote Follow Focus
Kino DivaLite Kit (Two 2′ Fixtures)
JolyMod Oktava MK012
K-Tek Carbon Boompole
Additional gear can be rented upon request.
Kenny edits on a custom-built PC with the full Adobe Suite and colors in DaVinci Resolve Studio.
Hire him to shoot, cut, or color your next production: email@example.com
Articles by Kenny
- Day 2 from Adobe MAX 2019
- Sigma fp West Coast Launch
- Day 1 from Adobe MAX 2019
- Filmtools Event Recap: Workflow for Original Streaming Content
- New Zylight F8-200 // Tool Talk
- Review: Blackmagic Pocket 6K
- Review: BenQ SW270C 27″ Photographer Monitor
- An interview with “This is America” editor Ernie Gilbert
- Nanguang 4′ Pavolite Tubes // Tool Talk
- Don’t get the Mac Pro, Get a Puget System
- Exploring Ultrawide Workspaces – A Review of the Samsung CJ79
- Zeiss opens a new space in Sherman Oaks
- Are Canon Cinema Cameras the Ultimate Documentary Solution?
- After Effects wins an Academy Sci-Tech Award
- Out in the Field with the GoPro HERO7 Black